Monday, January 10, 2011

Time Flies

I've just finished reading Schooling for the knowledge era  by David Warner ... published in 2006. His perspective on challenges the education sector is struggling with are grounded in the practicalities of implementing this change in the classrooms of his school. Despite being only five years old the book is already a little dated in places, but I found this easy to overlook as he doesn't pretend to be offering a silver bullet. What he does offer, is the solid delivery of practical advice for the changes some schools are embracing, and many are struggling with.

I took a tour of his school a year ago, and in particular I remember being impressed by the degree to which students and teachers had readily adopted a PBL approach. Now that I've read the book, I'd be intrigued to see the school again with a better appreciation for his roadmap, and the philosophy behind it.